Mahmoud Badreddine wrote:
I authenticate users of my database with the Apache dialog box. I would like to know where do these values (usernames and passwords) get stored so that I can use this information to log in to the MySql database.

its not a DB related question, you should have posted at php-generals, well actually you should have STFW but anyway the following should tell you what you need to know:

$login = isset($_SERVER[ 'PHP_AUTH_USER' ]) ? $_SERVER[ 'PHP_AUTH_USER' ]:
false;
$pass  = isset($_SERVER[ 'PHP_AUTH_PW' ])   ? $_SERVER[ 'PHP_AUTH_PW' ]: false;