DELETE FROM purchaseItems WHERE orderID = '789' and itemIDs = <whatever>

Good Luck,
Frank

On May 20, 2005, at 5:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: "mayo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 20, 2005 4:45:05 PM PDT
To: "'Miguel Guirao'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <php- [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [PHP-DB] multiple queries, one transaction - REWORDED

I have a scenario where I have multiple inserts into a table and need to
know that ALL inserts were successful and if not that there were no
inserts.

I've seen an article on transactions in php/mysql and have a few
questions.

I have a table with orderID, itemIDs and itemQty

Someone with an orderID of 789 may want to purchase itemID 1 and itemID
2 and item 3. At purchase I give the customer a final shot of changing
his mind. (While shopping he puts the items into a session variables,
now that he's in the process of purchasing its in a database.)

Say he want to remove itemID 1.

The solution I've been using is to

DELETE FROM purchaseItems
WHERE orderID = '789'

Now I have to reinsert.

<LOOP>

INSERT INTO purchaseItems

</LOOP>

These multiple queries (DELETE and INSERTS) should be considered one
transaction so that if one query fails, they all do.

Thx, mayo