I need to compare PHP 4 code with PHP 5 interpreter on same machine.

I am following the examples in Adam Trachtenberg's Upgrading to PHP 5
(O'Reilly 2004) listed in "Appendix C: Installing PHP 5 Alongside PHP 4"
with regard to using virtual hosting and relative ports on Apache httpd.
I have also read the Apache docs online regarding virtual hosting.  And
I cannot get it to work.

I have the following relevant entries in Apache httpd.conf:

Listen 8181
Listen 80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
    DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:8181>
    DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs
    ScriptAlias /* /srv/www/htdocs

    <Directory /usr/local/php-5.0.4/bin>

    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

When I browse http://localhost:8181/ I always get the root (/index.html)
instead of the alias (/php5/index.php).  Any clues?

tia,
~mark

Mark,
Change your DocumentRoot on *:8181 to:
DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/php5

Your ScriptAlias isn't really affecting that portion of the site.
Your PHP5 index.php resides in /srv/www/htdocs/php5 directory, right?

G.~

This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and is
addressed.  If you received this email in error please notify the DBM
Service Desk by forwarding this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email has been scanned by networkMaryland Antivirus Service for the
presence of computer viruses.