Am Do, den 14.07.2005 schrieb Marco Bascietto um 13:15:

> It looks like there is a problem with mysqli PS when the client and the
> server share the same machine.
> Does anyone have a clue on what is going on or point me to some tests I
> can do?

There is no problem when running client and server on the same machine.
The only problem seems to be that you don't have any error handling in
your script: mysqli_connect_error and mysqli_error are your friends!

Also there is no need for an additional call $mysql->select_db, you can
select default db already during connect.

/Georg