On 8/15/05, Anton Channing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> phpinfo() output:
> oci8
> OCI8 Support    enabled
> Revision        $Revision: 1.267 $
> Active Persistent Links         0
> Active Links    0
> Temporary Lob support   enabled
> Collections support     enabled
> oracle
> Oracle Support  enabled

Hmm, I've noticed something else about the
problem. I am working with the example
given on: 

Which I am attempting to run as a test page.
Obviously I altered the username, password
etc for the connection, and made sure the
schema I used had a 'emp' table in it with
the appropriate columns.

I have noticed however, that the script only
falls over on three oci_bind_by_name calls.
Namely the ones that don't specify a type:

oci_bind_by_name($stmt, ":empno", $empno, 32);
oci_bind_by_name($stmt, ":ename", $ename, 32);


oci_bind_by_name($update, ":sal", $sal,  32);

whilst these ones seem to be okay:
oci_bind_by_name($stmt, ":rid",  $rowid, -1, OCI_B_ROWID);
oci_bind_by_name($update, ":rid", $rowid, -1, OCI_B_ROWID);

Its as if the default type arguement is somehow

PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply via email to