Hello.

I'm trying to connect to my MySQL server with mysql_connect(...). The server is
up and running, and I'm running Apache with PHP properly installed. The code:

$hleServer = mysql_connect($host, $user, $password)
 or die("Error: Database. Error code: 1. Contact the web master!");

$host, $user, and $password are set to correct values (checked and double
checked). The funny thing is that not only does the function call fail, but I'm
not even getting the text defined by die("..."). It seems that the function
call is more or less a black hole. Of course the rest of the script doesn't
execute either, I'm just left with a blank page.

I didn't use to have this problem before (using PHP 5 now instead of 4).

Thanks for any input on this problem...