From: "Julien Bonastre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Bastien Koert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Dynamic Navigation Bar

I would suggest using the GET method..

Unless you have some reason you don't want the data passed via GET..

In which case I suggest just storing all that in a session..

So for example, I wouldn't want to pass a big ugly html-encoded query string via the GET URI, as it would look awful

Instead, set a session variable holding that query and any related details you are also processing [ie user selected sorting of results [ascending/descending] etc, fields to sort by, whatever options you have] and just pass a 'pg' value via get

such as ./search.php?pg=2

or something..

As as alternative to the javascript form POSTing method..

Its up to you, I'm just providing an alternative to using Javascript which as someone else outlined is CLIENT side, hence you are relying on correct operation by the browser for it to work..

I don't like relying on the clients browser, I like relying on my code..

Enjoy

---oOo--- Allowing users to execute CGI scripts in any directory should only be considered if: ... a.. You have no users, and nobody ever visits your server. ... Extracted Quote: Security Tips - Apache HTTP Server ---oOo--- ------oOo---------------oOo------ Julien Bonastre [The_RadiX] The-Spectrum Network CEO ABN: 64 235 749 494 [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.the-spectrum.org ------oOo---------------oOo------ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bastien Koert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>