Chris Payne wrote:
Hi there everyone,
This line of code USED TO WORK but now it gives me a Coudln't Execute Query
error:
$query2 = "SELECT word,def,photo MATCH(word,def) AGAINST ('$txtsearchword'
IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS m FROM dictionary WHERE MATCH(word,def) AGAINST
('$txtsearchword' IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT $offset, $item_perpage";

I tried it with a basic $query2 = "SELECT * FROM dictionary"; to make sure
it wasn't something else that was broke and this is the problem above, it
used to work great and now it's on a live site after working great for 6
months and it suddenly doesn't work and I haven't touched anything !!!  the
server hasn't been updated so it's not that as it also does the same on my
local dev machine here, the only thing that happened was my co-worker did a
global find and replace with dreamweaver but that's all and I can't
personally see anything wrong with the above though I could be looking too
hard.
Any help would REALLY be appreciated as this is on a very popular website
and needs fixing ASAP so I don't lose my head !!!
Chris

I tested your SQL on
http://developer.mimer.com/validator/parser200x/index.tml#parser
and got this:

----

Result:
SELECT word,def,photo MATCH(word,def) AGAINST ('$txtsearchword'
                                ^   ^
syntax error: ,
  correction: JOIN <identifier> ON <identifier> ) ,
syntax error: )
  correction: =

IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS m FROM dictionary WHERE MATCH(word,def) AGAINST
   ^------            ^---                  ^----           ^------
syntax error: BOOLEAN
  correction: (
syntax error: FROM
  correction: ) FROM
syntax error: MATCH
  correction: <identifier>
syntax error: ) AGAINST
  correction: = AGAINST

('$txtsearchword' IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT $offset, $item_perpage
                     ^------       ^----          ^
syntax error: BOOLEAN
  correction: (
syntax error: LIMIT $ offset ,
  correction: ,
syntax error: $ item_perpage
  correction: item_perpage

^
syntax error: <end>
    expected: ( ) * + , - -> . / :: < <= <> = > >= [ || AND AS AT BETWEEN
COLLATE DAY HOUR IN IS LIKE MATCH MEMBER MINUTE MONTH MULTISET
              NOT OR OVERLAPS SECOND SIMILAR SUBMULTISET YEAR
  correction: ) ) <end>

----

Hope it helps :)

-- Bekko