Thanks :)

Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  JeRRy wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for that, always wondered. So what does just using '?>' do than?
>
> Must close eventually but I am guessing by using that as a close the
> connection times out after a set period of time and the 'pid' is killed,
> correct?

If you're using mysql_connect php will close the connection when the
script itself stops (through an exit(), die() or it just completes
normally) as part of it's shutdown procedures (memory cleanups, garbage
collection etc etc).

If you're using persistent connections (mysql_pconnect) it leaves the
connection open for the next process to use, so it lowers the connection
overhead. However it can have other side-effects (see
http://www.php.net/mysql_pconnect for further info).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/