Read on otn :

"PDO_ERRMODE_SILENT
This is the default mode; it will simply set the error code for you to inspect using the errorCode() and errorInfo() methods of both the statement and database handle objects.

if (!$dbh->exec($sql)) {
        echo $dbh->errorCode() . "<br>";
        $info = $dbh->errorInfo();
        // $info[0] == $dbh->errorCode() unified error code
        // $info[1] is the driver specific error code
        // $info[2] is the driver specific error string"

Cyril PIERRE de GEYER a écrit :
And also my question is :

"Why did the PDO creators (Wez the King?) decide to choose the silent mode for being the default one ?"

Why not defining the ERRMODE_WARNING by default ?

Or perhaps I misunderstand something, and I would be very happy to learn a bit :)

Thx

Cyril