You haven't searched at all, go to www.php.net and look up for
mysql_field_name() and related functions!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Griffith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Jueves, 14 de Septiembre de 2006 10:22 a.m.
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP-DB] Help displaying Column Names

Hello All,

I am fairly new to PHP but have coded in asp and asp.net for years.  I
am trying to find the code that will allow me to display the name of the
column's from the table I am using.  Below is the code where I am
writing all the data out in a comma delimited fashion, but I want to
make the very first row show the name of the database table names.  For
example I want to show the ID,Name,Address, etc...

Can someone tell me what that command is in PHP?  I have searched and
can not find anything, I guess I am searching for the wrong info as I
know it can be done!!!

<code snippet>

$sel_result = mysql_query("select * from customerdata where account_type
= '$tmpType'",$db);

//Now loop thru account types and show the one selected

while($sel_row=mysql_fetch_array($sel_result))

      {

      print
"\"$sel_row[0]\",\"$sel_row[1]\",\"$sel_row[2]\",\"$sel_row[3]\",\"$sel_
row[4]\",\"$sel_row[5]\",\"$sel_row[6]\",\"$sel_row[7]\",\"$sel_row[8]\"
,\"$sel_row[9]\",";

      print
"\"$sel_row[10]\",\"$sel_row[11]\",\"$sel_row[12]\",\"$sel_row[13]\",\"$
sel_row[14]\",\"$sel_row[15]\",\"$sel_row[16]\",\"$sel_row[17]\",\"$sel_
row[18]\",\"$sel_row[19]\",";

      print
"\"$sel_row[20]\",\"$sel_row[21]\",\"$sel_row[22]\",\"$sel_row[23]\",\"$
sel_row[24]\",\"$sel_row[25]\",\"$sel_row[26]\",\"$sel_row[27]\"\n";

      }

</codesnippet>

Thanks,

Grant Griffith

Web Application Developer

Enhanced Telecommunications

http://www.etczone.com

812-932-1000

Este mensaje es exclusivamente para el uso de la persona o entidad a quien esta
dirigido; contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente
protegida, cuya divulgacion es sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este
mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata del empleado o agente
responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente, que su
reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio
este comunicado por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y
destruir el mensaje. Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias
del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Radiomovil
Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras,
afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being
sent.  Therefore, it contains strictly confidential and legally protected
material whose disclosure is subject to penalty by law.  If the person reading
this message is not the one to whom it is being sent and/or is not an employee
or the responsible agent for this information, this person is herein notified
that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials
included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this
document by mistake please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy
the message. Any opinions contained in this e-mail are those of the author of
the message and do not necessarily coincide with those of Radiomovil Dipsa,
S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and subsidiaries
companies. No part of this message or attachments may be used or reproduced in
any manner whatsoever.