I would like to extract the path from the users machine.

Niel Archer wrote:
Hi

I apologise for using this mailing list but I cannot find another.

A listing can be found at http://lists.php.net/

Failing finding one more specific, the list to use would be php-general.

I pass this to another file. I am trying to read the directory that the users file is in. ie "/srv/www/htdocs/functions/email/file.txt", I want to read the "/srv/www/htdocs/functions/email/". The variable $filename only gives the "file.txt" as a value.

I'm not sure I understand the problem!  Are you saying the path is being
cut leaving only the filename, or you don't know how to extract the path?

Niel

--
Neil Jackson DipPharm DipData
Tel: +27 31 7632795