As mentioned before, I am new to php. Till now I was trying to execute the
file online. However, I have got Apache tomcat on my system which runs JSP
files perfectly, including the database interactions.

I am now trying to run PHP using apache on localhost. Can you please advice:

1) What exactly I need to download for running PHP on Apache.
2) What should be the location of the downloaded PHP folder/file/executable
so that it interacts easily with Apache.
3) Settings if any !

I have an older version of Apache tomcat which is 5.0. I do not use the
Apache Start and Stop options but Start and Stop bat files to run and stop
apache.

Thanks in advance.