why not just create a simple single logon page and not include it....then on sucessful login, redirect the user to the index page?

bastien

From: "Haig Dedeyan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <php-db@lists.php.net>
Subject: [PHP-DB] Login script help
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:36:11 -0500

Hi everyone,

My 1st attempt at creating a login script isn't going so good, so
hopefully someone can help me out.

The login script itself works fine but when I include it into a web
page, the login.php script shows up but the entire index.html page also
shows up.

I just want people to log in before they get to index.html.

Index.html starts off with:

<?php
session_start();
include("database.php");
include("login.php");
?>

I'm using php5.

Thanks

Haig

Off to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to find out how to sign up! http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/