try using:
header <http://www.php.net/header>("Cache-control: private");

i'm not sure that will work, try playing with header cache-control. anyway
as Bastien metioned it is better to have your form redisplayed with values
the user entered when validation failed rather than asking the user to click
the back button of their browser.

try this sample (not tested, too lazy :) but should work):
<?php

$var1    = NULL;
$var2    = NULL;

if (isset($_POST)) {
   $var1    = $_POST['var1'];
   $var2    = $_POST['var2'];
}

echo '<form method=\'post\'>';
echo "<input type='text' name='var1' value='$var1' />";
echo "<input type='text' name='var2' value='$var2' />";
echo '<input type=\'submit\'>';
echo '</form>';

?>