I am in the process of designing a web site with PHP_MySQL . Every week some data would be added to the database . The procedure of updating the database and uploading data is not clear for me 1 – Can I update MySQL table offline and then copy it to the server via fpt?

Kinda. You could update your local database then upload & import the database table, or just import it into the 'live' system. Depends on the data, size of data etc as to what the best approach would be.

    2 – What kind of server is recommended Windows or Linux?

What are you most familar with? Use that unless you want to learn a new operating system.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/