Hi,

I would like to know if there is any setting that allows to connect to mysql
from php using SSL by default. I know that there is a flag MYSQL_CLIENT_SSL
in mysql_connect, however, I am trying to force PHP apps which I did *not*
wrote to transparently connect to mysql using SSL without having to change
the source code.

I have no root access to the computer running Apache or MySQL so I cannot
set any tunnel between them. My current configuration is:

- PHP 4.3
- Mysql 4.1.20
- GNU/Linux 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp
- Apache 1.3.22

Ideally, there could be a setting somewhere in php.ini, httpd.conf or
somewhere else that by default makes all connections to mysql go though SSL.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!