I am stumped and so is my hosting help desk (shared server) on this
one. My site is on a php4 server, with database. Recently I have had
pages not fully load, and it seems to be a symptom that is spreading to
other pages in the site. I have considered the following causes and
- .htaccess page - there is very little in it
- php.ini file - is old and the problem is new
- mail function causes delay which times out the php rendering ...
still wondering about that one, but the help desk reports that it works
quickly. I wonder because in some though not all the instances of the
problem, the page renders to the line just before the mail() function
- a recent change to the script caused the problem - no, because I have
loaded older versions and they also have the problem, these pages were
working for a few years, though I have updated regularly I am pretty
sure this is a recent issue.
- it is my computer or connection - no, the help desk and others have
noticed the problem
- it is the server - well the help desk don't think so.
I notice the pages can:
- partly load, often to the same point but sometimes to different points
in the script
- not load at all and be not found,
- load but incorrectly with the php arguments missing (to explain: an
enquiry page has a form that submits to the same page and it should come
back and say thanks etc, but it comes back with the form but without
some of the pre-set element like the product the form was enquiring on).
- re-load correctly on refresh, or partly load more, then fully load.
- problem occurs both with IE and Firefox.
I have tried putting print ("test line x") throughout the script, which
just showed me it was failing sometimes before the mail function, but
not always, sometimes in the middle of a loop to create a select box it
just stopped rendering.
Has anyone had this strange and frustrating experience?
PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php