On 27 Mar 2008, at 17:51, Richard Dunne wrote:
Can someone explain how I can translate Resource id #5 which is what I am getting from the code below?

$result = mysql_query("Select answer from answers") or die(mysql_error());
$resultArray = explode(',',$result);
for ($i=0;$i<sizeof($resultArray);$i++)
{
        echo $resultArray[$i];
}

For the love of $DEITY, please read the frickin' manual: http://php.net/mysql . You've been asking similar questions around this topic for the past few days and you clearly haven't moved forward in your understanding.

The mysql_query function returns a resource. If you print a resource you get the text "Resource id #n" where n is replaced with its ID. To make use of this resource you need to use functions like mysql_fetch_array, mysql_fetch_assoc or one of the many others detailed in, you guessed it, the manual. Try it, you might like it.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/