On Apr 28, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Ron wrote:
hi yves,

not sure how large the file is, but i'm assuming a caller would not leave a voicemail longer than a minute. max maybe 30 secs. is there a query to get the size of a data in a certain row/column?

thank you

regards
ron

Assuming you're storing the data as binary, you *should* be able to do a strlen() on the output to get the *file* size.

~Philip

Yves Sucaet wrote:
So how large is the file/BLOB? How many seconds/minutes of data does it contain? The previous author was right: you can retrieve BLOB fields just like any other fields. The problem is sending them back to the client.
Yves
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <php-db@lists.php.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] playing longblob media
i'm trying to play a WAV file, this file is a voicemail file generated by asterisk pbx. it is stored in mysql and i would like users to be able to check their voicemail via web using php script that will retrieve it from the db as a wav format already. thank you

Yves Sucaet wrote:
What kind of media are you trying to retrieve? Are you trying to retrieve the MySQL data and stream that through your script to the client? How big is the BLOB?

If nothing else, you'll need to adapt the MIME-type in the header of your HTTP-message.

HTH,