This doesn't take into account the page - o - mation though.

The query that determines which up to 18 images display on the
thumbnails page is:

SELECT * FROM photo_gallery_category INNER JOIN photo_gallery_index ON
photo_gallery_index.photo_gallery_category_reference =
photo_gallery_category.reference WHERE
photo_gallery_category.category_name = '$photo_gallery_category' ORDER
BY photo_gallery_index.filename ASC LIMIT " . ( ($page*18) -18) . " , 18

I see where you are coming from Chris.  What I need to know is from the
18 images which has the most recent last_update value.  I need the site
map to match what is being displayed on the thumbnails page.

Ron