I made an application which lets users rate web site content. At the heart of
the application is this mySQL query:

INSERT INTO `ratings` ( `reference` , `content_type` , `content_reference` ,
`language` , `ip_address` , `rating_timestamp` , `rating` ) VALUES ( NULL ,
'$content_type','$content_reference' , '$language', '$ip_address', NOW( ) ,
'$user_rating' );

I am wondering if there is a way to check if the user has already voted (IE If
there is already a matching record with the same content_type,
content_reference, language, ip_address values) so all that happens is an
UPDATE to the rating field?

Ron