You are right! When I reading description about this errors I have in
mind situations when user shutdown his browser and this is why I
thought these errors are fine. But this communication is between
apache and Firebird. More suprising is that Firebird and Apache works
on the same machine.

But still the main questions remains. Why apache drops connections to database?
These PHP scripts are running in over 30 different servers and problem
is only with this one.

Regards,
Kamil