On 3 August 2010 15:04,  <paul_s_john...@mnb.uscourts.gov> wrote:
> Yes, I may have mixed up the input and output from different iterations of
> running it. Let me try posting this again although it may not be an issue.
> Once again if I enter two sequential apostrophes in the name (O''Brien)
> the INSERT passes right through to MySQL without an error.
>
> THE INPUT:
>
> $sql_insert_registration = sprintf("INSERT INTO
>  Registrations (
>    Class_ID,
>    prid,
>    Registrant,
>    Company,
>    Phone,
>    Email
>  )
> VALUES (
>    $_POST[Class_ID],
>    $_POST[prid],
>    '%s',".
>    parseNull($_POST['Company']).",
>    '$_POST[Phone]',
>    '$_POST[Email]'
> )", mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Registrant']));
>
> echo "<pre>$_POST['Registrant".$_POST["Registrant"]."</pre>";
> echo "<pre>".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["Registrant"])."</pre>";
> echo "<pre>".$sql_insert_registration."</pre>";
>

> THE OUTPUT:
>
> Brian O'Brien
> Brian O\'Brien
> INSERT INTO
>  Registrations (
>    Class_ID,
>    prid,
>    Registrant,
>    Company,
>    Phone,
>    Email
>  )
> VALUES (
>    355,
>    257,
>    'Brian O\'Brien',NULL,
>    '612-456-5678',
>    'someb...@somewhere.org'
> )
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
> corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
> 'Brien', 'Class registration confirmation', ' This email ' at line 16

Strangely, you have still failed to provide the input that is actually
sent to mysql. Look at the error code: "... for the right syntax to
use near 'Brien', 'Class registration confirmation', ' This email '" -
"Class registration confirmation" does not appear anywhere in the
output section you posted but it appears in the mysql error.
 I'd do as Bret suggested and turn on query logging in mysql to see
what is actually received.

Regards
Peter

--