Hi,
could someone tell me what I need to install and how to configure everything so that I can connect with PHP and PDO to a MS-SQL server?

I have an OpenSuse 11.4 installation. I added the Apache-PHP repository and upgraded to PHP 5.3.8.
php-mssql, -php-odbc, libfreetds and the freetds-tools are installed.
Do I need all this or anything else?
phpinfos() reports the odbc and mssql modules are loaded.
I can't find config files, though.

The aim is to connect to a ms-sql server using PDO without a system dsn if possible.

Is there a detailed description for people who don't know everything about this stuff, yet?