I am only uploading the temporary file. The filename is acquired via  ->
$file = $_FILES["file"]; and that is what is included in the naming of the
column.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl DeSaulniers [mailto:k...@designdrumm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:05 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Re: Stuck trying to upload and grab file name

On Jul 25, 2012, at 5:49 PM, Brad wrote:

> I revamped my logic, proved the SQL works in a client the way I want
> and once again, I am hitting the same mysql brick wall.
>

> <?php
>
> var_dump($_FILES);
>
> //db connection
>
> require 'dbConnect.php';
>
> //session file
>
> require_once('../auth.php');
>
> function uploadList(){
>
>        $file = $_FILES["file"];
>
>        $memberID = $_SESSION["SESS_MEMBER_ID"];
>
>        if ($file["type"] == "text/plain")
>
>                {
>
>                if ($file["error"] > 0)
>
>                        {
>
>                        echo "Return Code: " . $file['error'] . "<br /
> >";
>
>                }
>
>                else
>
>                        {
>
>                        dbConnect();
>
>                        mysql_select_db('mailList') or
> die(mysql_error());
>
>                        $tmp_name =  $file["tmp_name"];
>
>                        $presql = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
> `{$memberID}` (id MEDIUMINT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY UNIQUE)";
>
>                        $sql = <<<EOF
>
>                        LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '{$tmp_name}'
>
>                        ALTER TABLE `{$memberID}` ADD {$file}
> VARCHAR(60);
>
>                        FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY
> '\\''
>
>                        LINES TERMINATED BY "\\r\\n"
>
>                        IGNORE 1 LINES
>
> EOF;
>
>                        mysql_query($presql);
>
>                        mysql_query($sql);
>
>                        //var_dump($sql);
>
>                        echo '$sql';
>
>                        if(mysql_error())
>
>                                {
>
>                                echo(mysql_error());
>
>                        }
>
>                        else
>
>                                {
>
>                                print('Import of campaign emails
> sucessfull into mysql table.');
>
>                        }
>
>                }
>
>        }
>
>        else
>
>                {
>
>                print('Invalid file type. Please make sure it is a text
> file.');
>
>        }
>
> }
>

> //var_dump($_FILES);
>
> uploadList();
>
> ?>
>

> ********************************error*************************
>

> array(1) { ["file"]=> array(5) { ["name"]=> string(14)
> "emailsTest.txt"
> ["type"]=> string(10) "text/plain" ["tmp_name"]=> string(14)
> "/tmp/phpBKCv3n" ["error"]=> int(0) ["size"]=> int(61) } } $sqlYou
> have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER
> TABLE `3` ADD Array VARCHAR(60); FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY
> EN' at line 2
>

> ********************proof it's supposed to work****************

> [...]

Just currious and for my own edification.
Why are you trying to store the temp name in your database?
You should move and rename the file and then store that name in your
database.
If I understand temp_name, that name dissapears after done processing.

Am I correct everyone?

Shouldn't he move the file first and rename then store?

and do you store the path in the database or just the name?
Because the temp_name var has directory slashes in it and if those are not
escaped it wont work.

Best,
Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm