> Hi everyone,
>
> I need to use the mysql_clear_password plugin.
> I'm using the CentOS php 5.3.3 and manually recompiled the mysql &
> mysqli extensions with the Oracle MySQL 5.5 libraries.
>
> According to the MySQL documentation (
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/cleartext-authentication-plugin.html),
> I need to either set the LIBMYSQL_ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN or set the
> MYSQL_ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN option to the mysql client.
>
> I tried to set the LIBMYSQL_ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN via a SetEnv in
> Apache with no results.

The SetEnv directive sets variables for Apache's internal environment.the
 I believe the MySQL docs are refering to the Operating System's
environment, which would set this globally for the MyQL server. This is
probably not what you want to do as you appear to be trying to do this
per connection.

You could try using mysqli_options(), but I do not know if that supports
this setting yet. The PHP documentation does not mention it, and I am
unable to test it myself at the moment.

> Could anyone help me setting the MYSQL_ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN option to
> the mysql client ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre-Gildas MILLON
> pg.mil...@gmail.com