> ID: 8282
> Updated by: david
> Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
> Assigned To:
> Comments:
>
> so why don't you have your own

I do, just wondering what the possibility of getting that functionality
added is, thus the 'Request'.  I did not think this would be a difficult
change to the source or that it would adversely impact anyone's code.  Which
seems like pretty good criteria for an addition to me, unless no one else
feels that this could be of any use.

> function quiet_eval($code)
> {
>   ob_start();
>   eval($code);
>   $retval = ob_get_contents();
>   ob_end_clean();
>   return $retval;
> }
>
> as I understand it, zend output buffers can be nested, so no
> issues with it interfering with existing buffers.

Think so, but I haven't run into the situation where I would need to do
that...yet.