Hi:

> PHP as a DSO with Oracle support does work.

yes, that's how I believe it has to be...

>You need to make sure that
> $ORACLE_HOME is in Apache's path

do you mean that when I compile and configure apache, $ORACLE_HOME is properly set?

>and that the libctlnsh.so.8.0 file is
> in your library path (I believe its usually found in $ORACLE_HOME/lib).

I think I met those conditions. That's why I got surprised when it didn't work. Apache
died whenever I executed "apachectl start".

I didn't want to find out at that moment what was happening. Only reconfigured and
recompiled PHP as apache module and worked fine.

Maybe I did something wrong on the way, who knows.

Thanks for letting me know.

Paco