From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: linux mandrake
PHP version:      4.0.1pl2
PHP Bug Type:     OCI8 related
Bug description:  special chars insertion into oracle / NLS_LANG ?

hi !

this our very painful problem...

we've been able to use php4.O.0 with Oracle 8i and use OCI functions to insert and
retrieve datas in Our TAbles..

We can't do it no more, as special chars are transformed badly on insert... maybe
since we installed PHP 4.01 pl2.

Apache config as been checked as well as Oracle.

with php 4.0.0 the virtual host was configured with an special NLS_LANG env. var set
to the WE8DEC value... wich seems to be very specific and not so usual...

this value is still registerd but can't resolve the problem.

any other script (perl) from anyother source than our web server (www.wappup.com) is
able to insert proper datas... but our php scripts can't.

we tried to set an environnement variable with php special functions, but it changed
nothing.

we're in contact with Oracle support but i'm afraid they won't help us...

is there anyone in your brillant team who will send us a solution ???

thanks for all and patience in uncrypting myvery poor english

cusoon("jl barranger");

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=8708&edit=1