ID: 8633
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Original report:
>>System - Windows 2000 Pro 2195 (the same applies to WinNT 4.0 Srv SP6)
Webserver Xitami 2.4.d7 service (the same applies to Xitami 2.5.b.4 service and GUI)
Useed the installation package php-4.0.4-win32.zip, not the source code.
A simple PHP file with only phpinfo() in it produces some info.
This result doesn't represent the changes that I made to php.ini, which is located in
the
same dir as php.exe.
However, when running php.exe -i, everything is listed correctly. And what is more
important, the changes in php.ini seem to be taken into account.
I can send php.ini, the result of phpinfo() and the result of php.exe -i, if
necessary.
Seems to me that this is the reason people were claiming the php.ini doesn't get read
(for
example, bug 6306, 5824, 5178)

Turned out to be REALLY, REALLY STUPID error of mine. I've forgotten to copy the
modified php.ini to %systemroot%, although it is explicitly said in the documentation.
Therefore, when running php.exe -i, it read the modified .ini from its dir and
displayed the new info, but when running any php file from within a web server, the
.ini file was looked after in %systemroot%, not found and, consequently, the default
values were used.
Sorry!