ID: 8842
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've several scripts in the same site those files share some variables...

in all the scripts I include the file who registers the variables:

include("totemlink.inc.php");
_______________________________totemlink.inc.php______

* Totemlink
******************************************************/
session_start();
include("adodb/adodb.inc.php");

session_register("totem_dbname");
session_register("totem_user");
session_register("totem_pass");
session_register("totem_server");
session_register("totem_tables"); // array
session_register("totem_fields");  // array

header ("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
header ("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
header ("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");
header ("Pragma: no-cache");

$totem_server="localhost";
$totem_user="sa";
$totem_pass="";

somehow when I open the third script (the first and second don't modify the variable
values)
one of the variables ($totem_dbname) looses it's contents.

Opening scripts causes to create a new sessid and a new file in the /tmp directory

When I leave the second page I verify that the session file has all the values, but
when I open the third file the value of the first value is lost and in the session
file the variable apears cleared "!totem_dbname|"

in the second page I fill (initialise) the "totem_tables" field

(the problem with the multiple files doesn't occurs in the 4.0.3 version, but the
contents of the variable are lost too)

if you wish all the scripts, I can send to you.

I hope this can help you...

Best regards

Fernando Moreira

you have to provide a _lot_ more information ...

see
http://bugs.php.net/bugs-dos-and-donts.php

It creates a session id and a sess file per page...

it looses some of the variable contents as well