From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux Mandrake 7.2
PHP version:      4.0.4
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  session_start should return also FALSE

I feel that the feature I am going to describe is desirable for security reasons:
The function session_start should return FALSE when the GET (or cookie) requests to
resume a non-esistent phpsession.

If there is already a (quick) way to prevent resuming non-esistent or closed
phpsessions, please let me know, else please, add the feature to the TODO list.
(I've set session_cache_limiter('private') and I *don't* want to set it to 'nocache').
Many thanks
Siva

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=8855&edit=1