From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Red Hat Linux 6.2
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Apache related
Bug description:  Upgraded to 4.0.4p1 from  4.0.4 caused apache to crash

When I upgraded to 4.0.4p1 from 4.0.4 using the apxs mechanism, Apache (1.3.14)
started crashing. I have both mod_perl and mod_php loading as DSOs.

Swapping the load order of mod_php and mod_perl in the httpd.conf file, so that
mod_php loaded first, solved the problem (at least for the moment).

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
LoadModule perl_module        libexec/libperl.so

and

AddModule mod_php4.c
AddModule mod_perl.c

--