Yes, the issue is still occurring in v4.0.4pl1, though I've only
tested the CGI version (as I have been avoiding the ISAPI module for
awhile now).

On 1/12/01 at 11:06 AM Bug Database wrote:

>ID: 6491
>Updated by: cynic
>Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
>Assigned To:
>Comments:
>
>could you try if this happens with newer versions of PHP? (4.0.4pl1 is
out)

>Previous Comments:
----

>[2000-09-04 17:11:47] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Note, in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) I have configured IIS
to map .php files to php.exe in the App Mappings section as explained
in the PHP readme file.

>I have not tried changing the extension mapping to something else
(e.g., change the mapping to ".php3" and see whether directories ending
with ".php3" suddenly cause the same problem).  Will try that some time
when time permits.  For now, I simply avoid directory names ending in
".php" until this bug is addressed.

----

>[2000-09-01 15:28:31] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Place the following simple file (called version.php for this example):
><?
>   php_info();
>?>
>
>in your website such that it is contained somewhere within the subtree
of a directory whose name ends with ".php".  For example, on my box I
had the file located at

>   http://site/php/secure.php/version.php
>
>If you then look at the value of $PHP_SELF it is
>
>   /php/secure.php/php/secure.php/version.php
>
>and NOT
>
>   /php/secure.php/version.php
>
>as it should be.
>
>I've tried using other directory names such as "secure.ppp",
"secure.txt", and "secure.html" and those seem to work fine.  It only
occurs when a directory name ends with ".php".  Possibly a bad regular
expression used to parse the path?