ID: 9036
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I checked the output of make install - it does not mention libphp.so at all!

Duncan

Hi,
I am trying to install PHP4 as a DCO for Apache using APXS.
I downloaded php-4.0.4pl1.tar.gz from your site.
I followed the instructions in INSTALL as follows:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
 --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

Then

make && make install

It all whirred happily away for a while, and reported no errors.

However, on restarting Apache, and running httpd -l  I do not find mod_php4.c listed.
mod_so.c is listed.  I also cannot locate libphp4.so anywhere on my machine.

Am I right in thinking that my Apache does nothing with PHP files as it cannot be
configured to do so due to the absence of this (and no doubt others) programme?

Is this a bug, or have I done something silly?  Either way, what should I do to get
PHP up and running?