Updated by: jimw
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Assigned To:
Comments:

really reassigned to 4.0 this time.

Moving to feature req.

System: Linux, Apache with PHP-module
Problem: printf (& sprintf) dosn't handle exponential format for floats correctly

Comment: This isn't actually a bug since it isn't documented to work in the manual.
                I nedded exponential format in my application and since the function
                "formatted_print.c" already had some support for exp. format (but
                not working correctly) the simplest solution was to fix it in the php
source code.
                Below is my patch to  "formatted_print.c" if you would like to include
it
                in a future rease of PHP.
                Thanks for a great tool for building web interfaces to databases !

                Regards,
                   -leif

*** formatted_print.c.org       Mon Jan  4 21:06:38 1999
--- formatted_print.c   Mon Jan  4 21:13:09 1999
***************
*** 257,263 ****
        } else if (precision > MAX_FLOAT_PRECISION) {
                precision = MAX_FLOAT_PRECISION;
        }
!       cvt = _php3_cvt(number, precision, &decpt, &sign, (fmt == 'e'));

        if (sign) {
                numbuf[i++] = '-';
--- 257,266 ----
        } else if (precision > MAX_FLOAT_PRECISION) {
                precision = MAX_FLOAT_PRECISION;
        }
!       if (fmt == 'e')
!               cvt = _php3_cvt(number, precision+1, &decpt, &sign, 1);
!       else
!               cvt = _php3_cvt(number, precision, &decpt, &sign, 0);

        if (sign) {
                numbuf[i++] = '-';
*** 288,294 ****
        while (cvt[j]) {