ID: 1441
Updated by: jimw
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old-Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Bug Type: Sybase-ct (ctlib) related
Assigned To:
Comments:

looks to me like 4.0 should handle this correctly.

While I can confirm that the behavior is still there, I am moving it to
a feature/change request. It'd be nice, though....

Follow this procedure to reproduce the problem:

- Use sybase_pconnect() a few times to start up a few persistent connections.
- Start Sybase Central and kill off the PHP3 connections.
- Rerun the script that uses sybase_pconnect(). sybase_pconnect() will NOT fail,
however any following sybase_query() will return 0, but no other error message. Looks
like PHP3 tries to run the query on a persistent connection that has disappeared, but
doesn't fail in sybase_pconnect() as it should. Ideally, it should check if a
persistant connection is gone and not fail at all, but if it have to fail it should do
it in the "right" function :-)

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=1441&edit=2