ID: 1531
Updated by: zeev
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Assigned To:
Comments:

intended behavior

4.0 still gives the same message.

BD>> still it should not result in a parse error

> It's not parse error, please read the message.
> It didn't failed opening, it failed reading.
> And require is not allowed to fail.
> That's not unknown file, that's known non-file.
>--
>Stanislav Malyshev   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ok, got it now, i thought it was related to just ./,
not directories in general

but it fails for include to, while including for
example a non-existing file produces the message
i cited above and the error message is very
misleading

so i move this on to feature requests:

1) should give clearer error-message

2) at least include should treat directories
   like nonexistant (or empty?) files
   and issue a warning instead of a fatal error

still it should not result in a parse error

it should produce a warning

  PHP Warning:  Failed opening './' for inclusion

as with other unknown files

I don't see problem here. ./ is not a file, and reading it as a file fails. So it
should be.

still there even in 4.0.1

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=1531&edit=2