ID: 2342
Updated by: jimw
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Assigned To:
Comments:

this is a duplicate of 2183.

As anybody doing service management work today, I've encountered a
lot of good php stuff out on the net; still, there are many things which would get A
LOT better if there were a php module wrapping openSSL: as a matter of facts, whith
such a module we would get: Private Key crypto (somewhat redundant, since there is
mcrypt avalable); Public Key crypto (unavailable in php by now); TLS tunneling of
services like IMAP or LDAP, which would in turn make stuff like

or the LDAP access page available at
(<a href="http://www.mixdown.org/ldap/ldap.phps">for source</a>

much more useful even in an open environment. As a matter of facts,
I'm sending this feature "request" after having been prompted by one of the horde
developers, whom I contacted privately, with a suggestion to add imaps capability to
IMP.

Now, I think I bothered all of you enough, therefore all I should do is cheer, and say
thank you and good bye!

Yours,

lmc

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!