On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 06:42:41PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> ID: 2183
> Updated by: jimw
> Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
> Assigned To:
> Comments:
>
> i guess an mhash/mcrypt-like openssl extensions is being requested. refiled against
>4.0.

I added public key stuff from OpenSSL like the comment below says. There
are other things we could add as well, but I'm not sure if it's worth
adding mhash/mcrypt-like things since we have it already.

Not sure whether we should remove the request or not, there are still
other useful things we could add.

> Previous Comments:
>
> [1999-08-28 20:07:30] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Is anyone working on openssl integration with PHP.
> Openssl is ground solid, tested and well integrated with apache through modssl.org
> php/mod_ssl/apache is really a enterprise state ecommerce platform.
> Only it would be far better if the integration of those three great tools doesn't
>take me a day to integrate when one of them has a new version.
> Additionally openssl has lots more funtions than mhash/mcrypt combination. In fact
>the latter don't have Publik Key Crypto support
[...]
> ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
> To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=2183&edit=2

Yes, I know I shouldn't, bad habit.