From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows ME
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     MySQL related
Bug description:  Filename length makes php "cause an error in php4ts.dll"

I *think* I've found an error that relates to the length of a script's filename when
trying to access a mysql database.

I am using Windows ME and personal web server version 4.0.

Sample script that causes the problem:

<?php
   $linkid = mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "pass");
?>

When the above script is run as the result of clicking on a hyperlink (this is
important - the error does not happen if the script's url is manually entered) and the
filename is longer than 5 characters the error occurs.

If refresh is pressed the script runs ok.
If the script is run from a form it finishes ok.
If the filename length is 5 characters or less the script runs ok.

Cheers
Ben

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9216&edit=1