ID: 9294
User Update by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry - I'm also using code like this to do the upload:

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="_URL_" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="200000000">
Send this file: <INPUT NAME="userfile" TYPE="file">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send File">
</FORM>

When performing a file upload, PHP runs the CPU to 100% and takes 3.5-4 minutes on a
Pentium III 850MHz CPU to upload a 10MB file when downloading the same file on
Apache/PHP only takes 3 seconds on the same host and client. It appears the file is
being parsed when being uploaded. Is there an option to tell PHP to upload the data
and nothing else? Otherwise, it is roughly 70 times slower to upload a file than to
download one.

I'm using Nusphere's CD when installing the software.