Hi,

    thanks for your patches.  I've already applied some of them.

[..]
> host_info = gethostbyname(host);
>
> But host is const char *.  So I had to change line to as follows:
> host_info = gethostbyname((char *)host);

    Then your system header files are broken.  The correct
    prototype for gethostbyname as per SUSv3 is

    struct hostent *gethostbyname(const char *);

> host_info = gethostbyname((char *)addr);
> But addr is const char *.  So I had to change line to as follows:
> host_info = gethostbyname((char *)addr);

    Ditto.

> Line 183:
> Protoype for getsockopt is: getsockopt(int, int, int, char *, int *).
>
> However, Line 183 contains:
>
> if (getsockopt(sockfd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR, &error, &len) < 0) {
>
> where error is int and len is socklen_t.  I had to change line to as follows:

    Again, your system headers are at fault here.  The correct
    prototype for getsockopt is

    int getsockopt(int socket, int level, int option_name,
    void *restrict option_value, socklen_t *restrict option_len);

    All parameters in line 183 are compatible with the prototype.

> I hope that these types of changes are made, so as to compile
> easily on any platform.

    Yes, we definitely will apply all patches which improve
    portability.

    - Sascha