ID: 9040
Updated by: stas
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Program Execution
Assigned To:
Comments:

see #8992

I was encouraged to submit this as a bug report...

I acutally compiled the source from Debian's archive, with the latest security fix
(which I think it found in 4.0.4pl1).  I was having trouble with oracle support, so I
configured with "--enable-sigchild".  That did not help my problem.

I finally went back to my older oracle libraries, and was able to get them to work,
but left "--enable-sigchild" configured in.  Then I noticed that all of my exec
functions were setting return_val (the third parameter) to -1, indicating an error.

I can include an strace of the problem if needed.  I think that the problem was that
there were 2 wait4 system calls, one after another.  The second one would return a -1.
 But, I'm not sure, and I'm not much of a programmer.

Here is the strace after the exec process has finished exiting.
[pid 25359] _exit(0)                    = ?
<... read resumed> "", 4096)            = 0
--- SIGCHLD (Child exited) ---
wait4(-1, NULL, WNOHANG, NULL)          = 25359
wait4(-1, NULL, WNOHANG, NULL)          = -1 ECHILD (No child processes)

Hope this helps someone.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Jase

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!