ID: 9043
Updated by: stas
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *Directory/Filesystem functions
Assigned To:
Comments:

popen runs "sh -c <your command>". This command does
succeed. The fact that sh was unable to run your command
should be checked by the pclose status.
Moreover, popen is pretty dangerous to use in PHP, since all
the I/O is buffered, and if the program exits before all the
output was written, you can easily get a SIGPIPE which will
kill your script.

confirmed on linux both php4.0.3pl1 and latest CVS

<?

$cp = popen('/bin/I_DO_NOT_EXIST', 'w');

echo "Result is $cp<br>n";

?>

Returns the following:

Result is Resource id #1