From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  mysql_select_db() returning currently seected database

Typically in my code, I open and select a database in a prepended file, and use that
same database throughout my entire page.  I've also been building some modular plugins
to my site that may require a different database selected.  It'd be nice if
mysql_select_db() would return the currently selected db so that in a plugin module I
could do something like this:

$OldDB = mysql_select_db( "SomeDB", $dbConnection );

/*
    bunch of other code
*/

// return to main site
mysql_select_db( $OldDB, $dbConnection );

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9578&edit=1