[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:22:12PM -0500, Andrew Hill wrote:
>
> > Who can I bug about the manual?  :) The ODBC page
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.odbc.php is a little misleading, namely
> > that iODBC is a database, and the subsequent text implies that the unified
> > ODBC functions don't use ODBC when connecting via iODBC, which isn't true.
>
> It is a great idea to clarify the ODBC chapters in the PHP manual. And I
> think you will get a CVS account to improve the docs ...
>
> > Also, I would like to get some mention of OpenLink on that page.
>
> ... if you make no commercial advertising.

Well, to be fair, he didn't say anything about advertising. We've
already got links to five product sites, four of which are
commercial. Openlink offers a lot of free tools for ODBC use--and a
link from the uODBC manual section wouldn't be at all misplaced, since
they are tools that can help the user get up and running with ODBC.

> ODBC is not like XML and if you make some mistakes, I hope I have  the
> time to correct you.

Andrew's a pretty smart guy.