ID: 8856
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Network related
Assigned To:
Comments:

Works for me just fine with latest CVS. Please try the
latest CVS snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/

--Jani

The gethostbyname doesn't seem to work on some of the systems I use. The problem only
occurs on some machines, others work fine. The problem only occurs on 4.0x, but not on
3.0x on the same machine.
All machines use the same build of php4.

For example:
<PHP
   echo (gethostbyname ("sql-1.vuurwerk.nl"));
?>

Result:
sql-1.vuurwerk.nl

The bug? also affects functions like mysql_connect.
I am unable to connect to a sql server unless I replace the hostname with an ip
adress.

I've traced the problem back to sockets.c, line 817:
a.s_addr = (int) (*(host_struct->h_addr_list[0]));

If I replace the code above with the equivalent code used in php3 the problem is
solved:
memcpy (&a.s_addr, *(host_struct->h_addr_list), sizeof (a.s_addr));

If you need more information please let me know.

Niels Leenheer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8856&edit=2