From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Unix
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  Is there any way that you can create a random letter from A-Z?

I would like to be able to create a random letter from A-Z for a member login
authorization code.  I would like to have a 7 digit number ie: A543BC21 so that they
can create a username and password.  I know how to randomize a number (ie: mt_rand( 0,
9 );) but how can I randomize letters?  I tried using mt_rand( "A", "Z" ) but as I
expected, it gave me an "Invalid Range" error.  I could do this:
<?
$letter = mt_rand( 1, 36 );
if( $letter == "1" )
     {
     $letter = "A";
     }
//etc. like this for A-Z
?>
but it would be exceptionally messy and way too long.  Is there any other way to do
it?  If it doesn't exist, can you add this to the next version of PHP?

Thanks so much!

Brad Taylor
Senior Web Developer
BradCom Industries LTD